We can communicate with people all over the world which is incredible. Because of this, understanding language systems is more important than ever but where should we start? This week, Ari and Ben are joined by Radek Sidun, an award-winning type designer, educator, and co-founder of Briefcase Type, an Adobe Fonts foundry partner. He recently published a book on this very topic. In this episode, Radek will show us:
– The importance of language support & diacritics in world languages.
– How to use language support features in InDesign.
– How to access diacritics in InDesign.
– The Manual of Diacritics, a tool to deal with diacritics in Latin-based languages.
– Real-world examples of diacritics gone bad!
Check out the excellent fonts from Briefcase Type with your Creative Cloud subscription:
Check out his new book The Manual of Diacritics here: http://manualofdiacritics.eu/
Follow Radek on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/RadekSidun
Follow Adobe Fonts on Behance: https://www.behance.net/adobefonts
Host Ben Welch is a Content Producer based in New York.
Host Ariadne Remoundakis is a lettering artist and Library Manager of Adobe Fonts based in San Francisco: https://www.behance.net/ariadnerem
Join us LIVE on Behance: https://www.behance.net/adobelive