Combine colorful illustrations and looping animations to create striking compositions. Featured Artist: Shyama Golden. Check out more of her work here: https://shyamagolden.com/
Start from scratch, or download practice files [https://adobe.ly/2UcbOm4] for a head start. Steps below.
Prep your file:
1. Choose Edit – Preferences (Windows), or Photoshop CC – Preferences (macOS), and deselect Resize Image During Place to ensure the images you place scaled properly.
2. Select the Right Front Panel layer group (Window – Layers).
3. Choose File – Place Embedded and select shyama_golden_pattern.jpg from the practice files to place the image as a Smart Object just above the RIGHT side layer.
4. Right-click on the pattern layer and choose Create Clipping Mask to fit the pattern inside the shirt panel.
Animate the pattern:
1. Open the Timeline (Window – Timeline) and drag the playhead to the 00 mark.
2. Select the shyama_golden_pattern layer in the Timeline and move it to align with the playhead.
3. Twirl open the pattern layer and click the stopwatch for the Transform property to create a Transform keyframe.
4. Drag the playhead to 05:00 and use Control+T (Windows), Command+T (macOS), to open Free Transform.
5. Click the pyramid in the Control Bar to use Relative Positioning for the reference point – this converts X and Y to 0.00 px.
6. Change X to -500 and Y to 500 to move the pattern down and to the left.
Tip: In order to get a perfectly looping animation, it is important to set the coordinates in increments of 500.
7. Click the checkmark to complete the animation. This creates a new keyframe.
8. Select Loop Playback from the Timeline’s Set playback options and click Play to test the animation.
To learn, more visit our Photoshop Tutorials page: https://adobe.ly/3ah6Ytp
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.
To watch with Subtitles/closed captions, click the CC icon in the lower-right corner.