Mix shapes, imagery, textures and brushes to create colorful and distinctive montages. Featured artist: Alejandro Chavetta. Check out more of his work here: https://www.behance.net/AlejandroChavetta
Start from scratch, or download practice files [https://adobe.ly/37W5eUz] for a head start. Steps below.
Prep your project:
1. Save Chavetta’s Photoshop document (PSD) to Creative Cloud Files or your preferred cloud service.
2. Open the Adobe Fresco app on your tablet.
3. Choose Import and Open, Photoshop file, then select the skull image.
Select and mask the skull:
1. Use the Lasso tool to draw around the perimeter of the skull.
Tip: Use two fingers to rotate and scale the canvas to make drawing the selection easier.
2. Tap Mask when you finish making the selection to hide the paper background. The skull should now appear over the textured background layer below.
Add graphics to the collage:
1. Tap a hidden layer then the tap the eye icon.
Tip: Chavetta shared the additional collage graphics as hidden layers in the PSD. You can tap the Image icon and import your own if you’d like.
2. Repeat until all of the graphics are visible except the top layer.
3. Select the top layer and tap the + icon to add a new layer.
4. Open Layer Properties and set the Blend Mode to Multiply so the collage images show through whatever you paint on this layer.
5. Hold down the Live Brushes tool, select Watercolor, then Watercolor Wash Soft.
6. Adjust the color, brush size, and water flow as you paint different parts of the collage.
Tip: Use the Eraser to clean up any areas of accidental overflow.
Mix brush types and textures:
1. Hold down the Pixel Brush tool, choose Sketching, then Pencil to add notations to the texture layer.
2. Experiment with pixel wet brushes in the Painting category to create a mixed-media composition.
To learn, more visit our Adobe Fresco Tutorials page: https://adobe.ly/38VEkgR
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.
To watch with Subtitles/closed captions, click the CC icon in the lower-right corner.