Download sample assets to follow along: https://adobe.ly/2LqVvNn
Learn how to create a layer mask using the Pen tool to cut out an object from its background.
What you learned: Use the Pen tool to create a layer mask to cut out an object from its background
Create a freeze frame of the frame used for the cutout:
1. Move the current-time indicator to the frame where the element to isolate looks the best.
2. Select the layer to freeze in the timeline.
3. Choose Layer – Time – Freeze Frame.
Use the Pen tool to cut out the element from its background:
1. Select the Pen tool from the Tools panel in the upper left.
2. Add points at the key points around the object, eventually clicking back on the first point to close the mask. (Click to add a point; click and drag to add a point and draw out handles.)
3. Adjust the anchor point positions and handles to fine-tune the placement of the mask.
Tip: Option-drag (macOS) or Alt-drag (Windows) a handle to break the handles and have each handle move independently on either side of the anchor point.
Learn more in After Effects: https://adobe.ly/2sRQcQZ
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.