Learn how to use a Gradient Map to add duotone-inspired color effects to a photo.
Start from scratch, or download practice files [https://adobe.ly/2gafujF] for a head start. Steps below.
1. Open your photo, or use ours (duotone-effect.psd).
2. In the Layers panel, click the Create new fill or adjustment layer icon and choose Gradient Map to open the Properties panel.
3. Click the gradient preview drop down to open the Gradient Editor.
4. Choose the Violet, Orange preset to start with a basic duotone.
5. To change colors, click the gradient preview, then double click on a Color Stop to open the color picker and select your desired hue. Click OK. Adjust each Color Stop as needed.
6. Adjust the balance between colors by dragging a Color Stop or Color Midpoint to a new position on the spectrum.
7. Add additional Color Stops to the map by clicking directly underneath the gradient. Edit the new stops as needed.
8. Click OK when finished.
To learn, more visit our Photoshop Tutorials page: https://adobe.ly/2wY30CX
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.